Home

Friday 2 January 2015

ALEX OTI SENT BY GOD TO RESCUE ABIA

By Uchendu Precious Onuoha (Special correspondent Spain)

ALEX OTI SENT BY GOD TO RESCUE ABIA.

Who will believe my report and in whose eye was the vision and plan of God for his people revealed? As a writer, journalist, societal watchdog, a watchman, like a priest in the old testament of the bible called and anointed right from the womb to keep the watch and shine the light for others to see. My calling and vocation entrusts me with a great charge of balancing truth and conveying the message and popular opinion to the society. For Ndigbo, and to my kinsmen of Abia, I am your brother and son, keeping watch over my people. And in my watch, I was meant to see a vision of the sufferings that my people of Abia, God’s own state has patiently been enduring. While at the island of Las Palmas Spain, I remembered Umuogele Nvosi my village, Aba and Abia, and as a young man I had a vision and not a dream, as dreams belong to our aged parents at home.

“And it shall come to pass afterwards, that I will pour out my spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions” Joel 2: 28. I am not a dreamer rather I have and believe in vision as vision keeps you focused. And according to K. Ferlick, a vision is accompanied by a knowing that what is seen is a real possibility if there is the willingness to do what is necessary to create it.  Waking up early morning to watch the beauty of creation at the seaside in the beautiful Island of Las Palmas, the spirit of God took control of me and I was shown a vision like John in the island of Patmos, and there was a voice saying to me write down what you see, and send the message to the Abians.

This is the message from he that makes to be, the king of kings, and he that the earth and all that dwell in it belong to, saying to Abia God’s own state; I know your troubles; I know that you are poor when really you are supposed to be rich. I know the things done against you by those who claim to be leaders but are not by their works. Let not your heart fail you, because your redemption is near through him that is coming.

I know your labour; I know how hard you have toiled in vain and how patient you have been. I know that you cannot tolerate vindictive people anymore, and you have tested those who say they are rulers but are not, and you have found them wanting. Remember how Aba town used to be in the past and how far it has fallen from grace to grass and has degenerated to a city of slump. The time has come for the city to be restored back to its former glory even better by him whom I send.

I have seen the oppression my people are being treated in Abia, I have heard their cry out to be rescued and bring them out from Egypt and restored to God’s own state, a gracious land, fertile, rich, and flowing with oil. I have indeed heard the cry of Abians, my own people and I see how the taskmasters are oppressing you. Now I am sending you my servant who will, like Moses rescue you from bondage and lead you to your promised land. For I have no other one naturally minded, who will affectionately care for my people of Abia state like him. For all before him seek their own and not the things which are for the welfare of my people.

After that I saw myself in the midst of the council of departed elders of Ndigbo and Abia, and there were, Akanu Ibiam, M.I. Okpara, Ururuka, Sam Mbakwe, Nwanyimma Okezie, K.O. Mbadiwe, Nnamdi Azikiwe, and others too numerous to mention. The elders were on a tour of their home states and the entire Igbo land. They nodded their heads with satisfaction as they traversed the streets of Anambra, Enugu and Imo. But as they arrived Aba to enter Abia state, lo and behold, there was pandemonium, confusion, riot and dejection all over them, as their countenance and demeanor changed to that of disappointment. 

Immediately Nwanyimma Okezie did not waste any time to call Aba and Abia women to riot just like she did in 1929 to protest against arbitrary rule in the land. Sam Mbakwe was crying uncontrollably like a weeping governor, and refused to be consoled when he saw the state of decay and abandon of the Aba shopping center, Enyimba hotels, Aba roads, rural electrification, projects he put on ground for Abians before his departure which has become abandoned. Akanu Ibiam, Okpara, Ururuka, Zik, and Mbadiwe lamented that what they saw was beyond their comprehension and not befitting for a God’s own state as it did not show the fruits of their labour for the state they diligently worked and laid foundation for.

Like Ebola, they were all scared to enter Aba as to avoid dying a second death which may cost them the resurrection of the dead which all of them are waiting for to come back to finish their good works for Ndigbo. As the elders were consulting among themselves and lamenting on what to do about the condition of Abia state, there was a loud voice saying, whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then a voice replied and said, here I am send me. And immediately, there was a rousing ovation joy and hope among the council of elders and crowd of witnesses as Odumegwu Chukwuemeka Ojukwu, the late Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ochiagha Ndigbo, Ezedioramma Ndigbo appeared at the stage leading a young man with the name boldly written ALEX OTI, and said Aba, Abia, here is your beloved son in whom I am well pleased, follow him, as he will do for Abia the good works my other disciples and his fellow brothers before him did and are doing in Anambra state. And at that point the vision vanished.

Now, hear you Precious voice, Abians Alex Oti has been sent like Moses to deliver you from the state of bondage, backwardness and take you forward to the height destined by God for you. Your redemption is very near, and your salvation lies in your own hands. Today, he stands at your door knocking for your support, if only you would hear his knock and his voice to  open your door and usher in the man whom God and the twenty four elders of Ndigbo in heaven has given the key to lead Abia to the promised land, then it will be well with you. He is the man Abians has been waiting for. Remember as God’s own state, you cannot continue to suffer lack in the midst of plenty; “Nwa eze anaghi ario nri” 

Power belongs to you, and with your vote you can say no to suffering and secure the future of your children. Stand firm and resist any attempt to sell your conscience for a morsel of bread and checkmate your votes to be rigged. While I commend the serving governor for offering his best to the people, at this dispensation, Abians should be allowed according to Igbo adage;  Were onu ha kporo onye akidi; meaning to use their mouth to call their own beans ball seller.


Therefore, I call on Aba people and the entire Abians, to awaken from slumber and face the realities of your situation and possess your possession. Remember nobody will do it for you better than you ought to. You have all it takes to greatness, but you have been ignorant and blind about using your resources, talents, and civic rights to better your own lot. The time has come when you should no longer stand as onlookers and watch someone crack your kernels and decide your fate for you. Regardless of the damage and failures and disappointments of the past, a new dawn has come, don’t remain passive. God has sent you a leader, an astute resource manager, tested and proven, and above all one with fear of God who will not deviate from the Godly virtues imparted to him right from childhood by his God fearing parents. Abians, you cannot go back to start a new beginning, but with Alex Oti you can start today to make a change for a new ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment